First Year Guide – Click Here to Download
We work in partnership with a number of Primary schools to provide a purposeful and smooth transition for our students.
The school offers a large range of enrichment and support activities to students at the key points of the transition process.
These have included:
- Football, Hurling and Soccer tournaments for feeder schools led by our Transition Year students
- School Completion Programme Summer Camp.
- Parents’ and Students’ Guide to starting secondary school
- Induction days for incoming students
- Study Skills week before first house exams
- Introduction postcards
- Transition Buddies programme
- Transition team ‘Passport to High School’ workshops run by our students in local primary schools
- Pen Pal Transition programme
- Transition team building exercises
- Subject option information night and support programme for 1st Year and Leaving Cert students
- Team building trip at the start of TY
- Induction workshops for Leaving Cert Students
- One to one Career meetings with Career Guidance teacher